Who’s Giving Away Free Doughnuts on National Doughnut Day - GSP
National Donut Day, or National “Doughnut” Day, was created by The Salvation Army in 1938 to honor those who served doughnuts to soldiers during World War I. Traditionally celebrated on the first Friday of June, the sweet treat holiday allows convenience stores and doughnut shops such as Circle K, Dunkin’, Krispy Kreme, and more to embrace the day and give back to its customers. Check out how these popular retailers are celebrating June 7, 2019.
- Circle K Florida is giving its c-store shoppers one free donut with the purchase of any Polar Pop, Froster, hot or iced dispensed coffee – while supplies last.
- Cumberland Farms is giving its customers a free donut with the purchase of a dispensed beverage such as a hot or iced coffee or a drink from the Chill Zone on June 7 between 5-10a.m. Donut flavor options include: Cocoa Hazelnut-Filled, Cookies & Cream, Glazed, and Blueberry.
- Dunkin’ is promoting its popular “free doughnut with beverage purchase” offer. Did you know this doughnut giant sells more than 3.1 billion donuts and Munchkins donut hole treats annually worldwide?
- Entenmann’s is encouraging customers to create their own doughnut by entering its Fan Flavor Challenge & Sweepstakes. The winner receives $5,000 along with a year’s supply of free doughnuts. What’s more, the winner’s doughnut will be produced and available for a limited time during the 2019 holiday season.
- Krispy Kreme’s National Doughnut Day deal lets customers enjoy a free doughnut of their choice on June 7 — no purchase necessary. The doughnut company states if it gives away 1 million doughnuts on National Doughnut Day, fans can enjoy a second free doughnut sometime in June.
- LaMar’s Donuts partnered with The Salvation Army to “take a bite out of child hunger.” In addition to helping raise awareness and donations, LaMar’s is offering free donuts (no purchase necessary) to customers visiting its 25 participating locations throughout Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska.
- Randy’s Donuts—a Los Angeles icon—is giving away bags of four free donut rounds to every guest from 6 a.m. until Noon.
- Walmart vowed to give away 1.2. million glazed doughnuts to customers visiting the bakery section of participating Walmart stores.
Let GSP help you promote your next marketing campaign with creative 3-D displays, signage and more. Schedule a time to talk to us today.