Convenience Store 2018 Holiday Promotions Recap - GSP
The holiday season is the perfect time for convenience stores to capitalize on the estimated 165 million shoppers already stopping there each day for gas, gift cards, caffeine and scratch-offs games. According to Retail Me Not, 51 percent of shoppers admit sales and offers motivate them to visit a particular store, giving c-stores the incentive to up their game during December. From discounts on coffee to seasonal store-branded treats, here’s a quick recap of some standout c-store holiday promotions.
- 12 Days of Casey’s – Iowa-based Casey’s General Store used Facebook to execute random giveaways throughout the 12 days leading up to Christmas.
- 12 Days of Circle K – Dec. 13-24, Circle K encouraged customers to take advantage of an exciting new in-store offer promoted via the Circle K mobile app. The campaign kicked off with a choice of a free 20-ounce 7UP or Canada Dry, redeemable at any Circle K.
- 7-Eleven Seasonal Offerings – Participating 7-Eleven stores tempted shoppers with limited-time, holiday themed private-brand items. These treats included 7-Select™ Holiday Frosted Sugar Cookies, decadent 7-Select Popcorn Mixes, 7-Select gingerbread, candy cane and salted caramel sandwich cookies, holiday candy and more.
- Yesway Free Coffee – Yesway treated customers to a free cup of any size Yesway Signature Blends Coffee on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. “Our free coffee holiday giveaway is our way of celebrating our loyal customers and thanking them for saying ‘yes’ to Yesway this year,” said Jeff Keune, Yesway Senior Vice President of Foodservice and Innovation.
- Speedway’s 12 Days of Candy – Speedway’s Speedy Rewards members received special offers for BOGO items through the end of December. Shoppers were also invited to take advantage of printable and mobile-friendly coupons for $1 king-sized chocolate bars shared via Twitter.
- CEFCO’s 12 Days of Giving –CEFCO Convenience Stores revitalized its popular 12 Days of Coupons and 12 Days of Giving promo. The Texas-based retailer offered different 1-cent coupons every day through Dec. 12. For every 1-cent item purchased, CEFCO donated 25 cents to a chosen charity.
GSP was honored to help CEFCO with their 12 Days of Giving campaign by creating easy-to-execute standee signs with a spinnable wheel spotlighting the necessary coupon of the day. Click here to find out how our Visual Merchandising and Design team can assist with your next in-store promotion.