Say goodbye to 2019’s Living Coral and hello to Pantone’s Color of the Year, Classic Blue. Each year, the color expert selects a new color that best represents the year ahead based upon what’s happening in the world of fashion, décor, technology, art, music, travel, politics, and even social media. This year, we’re blue. Here’s everything you need to know about this year’s cool hue.
- This shade of blue is officially known as PANTONE 19-4052 Classic Blue within the Pantone Matching System Color and is “darker than aquamarine and lighter than navy.”
- Pantone’s 2020 Color of the Year is calming, dependable, non-aggressive, confident, timeless, comforting, elegant and tranquil – it’s just the color needed to transition into 2020 deems Pantone.
- 2020 is a bit reminiscent of Y2K, a new era – “the 2020 color brings us almost full circle to the first Color of the Year, Cerulean, another blue hue chosen in 1999 to likewise capture a moment in time,” said CNN.
- “Classic Blue is the color of the sky at dusk,” described Laurie Pressman, the vice president of the Pantone Color Institute. “It is a strong visual symbol about fresh starts. Since it’s the sky, it’s also a color of blue everyone sees everywhere around the world – a universal color that transcends global cultures.”
- When it comes to yearly color trends, Pantone is the ultimate influencer – expect to see Classic Blue woven into everything from fashion and home décor to beauty and even flavors and scents in 2020.
Ask us how we can work this year’s color into your retail environments, marketing materials, refreshed photo shoots and more.